Need an Injury Lawyer for a Maine Bicycle Accident?
In Maine, bicycle accidents happen for many reasons every year. Maine is actually working on strengthening a variety of bicycle laws due to a common type of accident known as the ‘right hook.’ The right hook is when a driver makes a right turn in front of a cyclist without looking for the cyclist before they do so. Because of this, many cyclists in Maine will crash into the turning vehicle or swerve to avoid the vehicle and end up in the midst of dangerous traffic. These accidents have caused a variety of injuries to riders every year, from broken bones and facial lacerations to spinal injuries, road rash, and even instant death.
There are many other reasons why bicycle accidents happen in Maine every year. Maine is working on decreasing the event of these accidents that take lives and push riders into uncomfortable positions as they work toward recovery as well as balancing finances and missed time at work. If you have been injured in a Maine bicycle accident, you may have questions for us. Luckily, we understand the ins and outs of bicycle law and can help you recover in your time of need.
Injured in a Maine Bicycle Accident
If you have experienced serious injuries as the result of a bike accident, you may wonder how you can receive the compensation you deserve in your time of need. We want to help you protect your rights after you have been injured, and here are some ways you can do so:
- Leave the roadways when you have been involved in an accident, to prevent further injury and other accidents.
- Record any information you can regarding drivers, passengers, and witnesses involved in the accident. They may have seen things that you did not.
- Never negotiate with the driver who hit you. This includes pinning the blame on yourself, as this could come back to hurt you when you are trying to make your case.
- Speak to the police immediately following your accident. Law enforcement can be very helpful when you are in need of a police report that details exactly what happened in the accident, and who was at fault.
- Always seek medical treatment as soon as possible. You don’t want to delay because you could be more injured than you initially thought, which could be detrimental to your health. You also want to use this information to make your claim, as it could be very telling.
- Seek the help of an experienced bicycle accident attorney in your time of need.
Moving Forward With Your Bicycle Accident Claim
You may wonder how to move forward with your claim when you have been hit and injured in a bicycle accident by a negligent driver. Drivers act negligently in many ways, which lead to a variety of accidents every year in Maine. These could happen due to speeding, drunk driving, distracted driving, and more. Most of the time they just happen because drivers simply aren’t watching out for bicyclists as they should be. Bicycle riders remain most susceptible to these horrific accidents every year. As a result, many cyclists sustain injuries like fractured bones, dislocated joints, and traumatic brain injuries that can leave lasting effects for the rest of a rider’s life. You don’t want to miss out on compensation you deserve. We can help you every step of the way as it pertains to your case, so give us a call as soon as possible to get started. Don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve.